Monday, January 4, 2021

1 4 2021

 My sunrise streak ended at one.  I had one last day off, so I slept in until 9:00, making up for the absurdity of waking up early yesterday. 

The bench/saw horse I finished yesterday is holding up well under the cat test.  Cat-levels of jumps don't make it rock.  A human can, but they have to really try.  Now I have two benches, so I can cut sheet goods much more easily, and I can have one sitting near the door of the garage to make it extra convenient when I wish to go outside to saw or sand.

===

I started thinking about work tomorrow and then got highly frustrated when I realized there was a bit much more complex than I had previously imagined.  My wife suggested I go the trails, and so I did so with a notebook and towel in my backpack.  I stopped cleared my head and stopped several times to write notes.  The sunlight and the perspective really helped improve my mood.  

Also the way the wind blew made the water of the pond lap up against one of my favorite spots.  I recall sitting there shortly after I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance for the first time -- in spite of the title, it is quite the book to help open your eyes to reality around you.  I sat there that day for a long, long time, smiled and said "this is so much better than television."  

You have to be able to see for yourself to be able to dream for yourself.  Go back to the source. 

===

I've been seeing a lot of pigeons in my back yard lately.  I'm really digging them. 

==

Sunset? Yes.  A bit weak, but there were some pink clouds on the opposite sky.