Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Get To List for Books.

Bored?  Maybe try reading something new.


Books I read in: 20202021

I see no need to continue making that public information, so I don't.  

Back when I used to make lists of what I might read next, I gathered the following books (re-organized  as I close up shop -- so this is now a dead list). 

===


I) Ones I have a link for



Ancient and Modern Celebrated Freethinkers

The Ancient Regime. Hippolyte Taine.

The Enormous Room. E. E. Cummings.
The Duke of Lerma. Robert Howard

Martin Lutero (Spanish)

De Papel. Nicholas Basbanes
Ninety-Three.  Hugo.
The Beggar's Opera. John Gay.
Why We Should Read -- S. P. B. Mais..

Emilia Pardo Bazán

I) No link.   In my public library system or easy to find.


Money : the true story of a made-up thing. Jacob Goldstein. The Spanish Tragedie. Thomas Kyd Doctor Faustus. Marlow Tamburlaine the Great. Marlow. Edward II. Marlow Measure for Measure. Shakespeare.

October : the story of the Russian Revolution. China Miéville. The Long Loneliness. Dorothy Day

The Limits of Convergence. Mauro F. Guillén The Best and the Brightest. Halberstam, David

Views of Society and Manners in America. Fanny Wright.

McTeague. Norrris Comedy Sex God. Holmes, Pete

The Shape of the New. Scott L. Montgomery Selections From the Works of John Ruskin by John Ruskin Walter Bagehot Oscar Wilde!

Walter Pater Portrait of a Lady. Henry James Far from the Maddening Crowd. Hardy Fortune's Formula. William Poundstone Priceless : the myth of fair value. William Poundstone. The Hidden Life of Trees. Peter Wohlleben The World Beyond Your Head. Crawford Main Street. Sinclair Lewis. Loonshots. Safi Bahcall. Big Business. Cowen. The Secret of Our Success. Joseph Henrich The WEIRDest People in the World. Joseph Henrich

III) Ones I'd have to find some other way

Contrarian Investment Strategy. David Dreman. Things Hidden Since the Foundation of the World Paperback. René Girard

The Art of Problem Solving, Volume 2. Richard Rusczyk and Sandor Lehoczky