Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Approximating the Right Ambiance.

You what I miss the most of the outside world . . .  from The Before Time?  I miss coffee houses.  They seem to be a key part of my creative process.

Looking over the my writing since social isolation, I see that what was written in isolation is mostly reactions to things others have written on Reddit.  The good pieces that are something other than that were from drafts I had started prior.

I have sinned.  I allowed myself to become habituated to checking anti-social media again and again to see if there is any response.  It does not matter if Reddit is among the most mild of the social medias, with its features of community curation and down votes, it still has the ability to become the dreaded feed.  And I have in the recent past made it my feed, and so I ask for forgiveness.

My repentance is to get back to writing the way that is best for me.  I use the PaperMate Flair pen to write my first draft on paper.  To recreate some of the environment I miss, I have taken to a few YouTube videos, such as outdoor cafes and ASMR of libraries.  Some are real, some pictures with effects added.  It's not quite the same, but better than it had been at my worst.

Here are the videos
1
2
3
4
5




(As I find more videos, I will simply add them to this page).