Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Deleting Twitter Continues

For some reason, Twitter allowed me to get deeper into my old feed than I used to (easily) be able to.  So, I went back to deleting old tweets.  What a great time for reflection it offered.  I listened to some tunes, and went to filtering (and reminiscing).

===
My quotes, moved over
===

In times like these, I think it is more important to find what is beautiful than to think about what it is important.

Whereas competition is good for the brain, domination is terrible for the brain, let alone the soul.

The problem with the Matrix's choice of pills is that it is a discrete choice -- one and done.  Instead, the system channels rebellion, so you need constant, boring, and, sigh, eventually frustrating vigilance.

Shakespeare was able to invent so many words in part because he didn't have a computer telling him each coinage was wrong.

I am deliberately trying to ignore the macro-level.  While I have failed often, I think my secret weapon is the Spring.

As a general rule, don't let people show contempt for what they don't understand. And since most people don't really understand anything. . .

Three things on the internet fill me the most with existential dread: dark humor from tribe-D, dark humor from truthful environmentalist, and the techno-optimists  . . . How privileged do you have to be to think rendering humans obsolete will go well for you?

When you read other's words you are under a spell.  When you write, you break your own spell.

If someone drops that they went to Harvard in a conversation, ask them what their favorite lecture and/or lesson was. They may recover, but they'll be confused for a good, long moment.

Boycott news. . .  Why die tense?

Dumbledore's incompetence lead to the radicalization of Slytherin.

Books are never dipshits to me.  Your move, internet.

===
The best tweets of others
===