Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Just Executing

It looks like I will be the executor of my grandparents' Will -- well, actually, the term is personal representative, but you can still say I will be executing the wishes of the Will.  This will be a another full time job to add to what was already the most challenging job I have ever worked.

Therefore this blog will be suspended until further notice.

I will e-mail Degringolade when I am able to publish again as he is one of my most reliable readers.  Until then, check out his blog.  He and I very like minded people, even though we are at different points in our lives, and I am glad that I have been able to know him through posts and e-mails.

Another similar spirit is Ran Prieur, though I do not vouch for his musings on consciousness (I don't repudiate them, either -- it's just not a sphere I am thinking of much, and my intuitions line up differently from his at present).

Odds are decent you came here from John Michael Greer.  If not, let me introduce you, and then send you along to his most recent work.  (With Greer, my caveats are about Astrology and support of Donald Trump -- but no one said you have to read every piece someone writes).

==

I am weary, friends.

It's all I can do to make a little time to journal and doodle a bit.  I am making time to be creative because it has now becoming a more reliable way for me to feel alive -- especially under the restrains I am now living under during working hours -- and besides, it honors my grandmother's life as an artist.  I am using some of her paper and supplies.  My skill level is such that all I am able to is cartoons and then maybe use some other marker or paint to make the piece pop, but it is a better escape than anything consumerism and its so-called escapism has to offer.

Writing is my favorite medium, for its expressiveness, but it is stressful for me to get my drafts right, especially under any kind of deadline.  I need art to be about pleasure and joy right now, and to serve as a solace in the stolen hours between an endless grind.

I hope to see you on the other side of it.