Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Experiments in Pilish

 I think if I am going to write in Pilish, I am going to need to tools, and it looks like I need to code them if I am going to have access to them.  

It'd be a fun excuse to dust off Python again.  

I think the way to go, at least at this phase, it to generate several possible lines and then select from them.  I imagine I could get to the point where I just know the length of a lot of common words and get decent at sticking the landings in different sentences -- this is what it would mean be "fluent in Pilish" -- but for now I have a spreadsheet, random.org, and a word finder open.   It would be better to have these functionalities integrated.

Using these, I made the following:

Dao: a love, a twist, tiptoeing in cosmic jokes, and minor delights, localized utopias; Mysticism -- wei wu wei.

I'd be remiss not to also add this:

Yes, I went a while abounding to Narnia. 

Which, believe it or not, is as long of a string as the type of Pilish that you can find "out in nature."   

To continue to test out my methods with these resources, I choose the topic of this years Brooklyn Nets:

Can I show a Kyrie bellyache?  My, Durant, James, and Kyrie function perfectly -- average. Timebombs fed by ego, meriting this streak of losses. . .   Nash may see disaster now.


===

Eh.  Experimenting with this makes me see why the prose is always going to end up stilted.   It is hard to imagine a situation where Pilish is the game I most want to play.