Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Shaving Update

I wrote previously about my experiment in extending the life in a shaving cartridge.

I am still on the same cartridge and am happy to report that I now past the point that each shave costs less than 2 cents and a fraction.  It will be awhile yet before i can be at 1 cent and a fraction, and twice as long as that until the shave is under a penny each use, and I might not make it to that; I plan on letting my reader's know.

Some more notes:

I went a trip to Italy for a wedding.  All the jostling of travel seemed to damage the back of cartridge so that it wont fit on the razor stick-thing (to be technical, of course).  So I am now I am just taking the cartridge in my hand and shaving with that.  It took only a few times to get used to it, and it seems to give me a better feel for what I'm doing.  I may never go back to the stick-thing again.  Or I might.  I'll try to let you know.

I had an in-law buy a travel kit of shaving products, so I used shaving cream while I was Italy.  And I must say I am now convinced of the usefulness of shaving cream, if nothing else for how much easier it is to clean the gunk out of blades.  I know this brings the price up per shave, but that only proves how silly it is to only focus on the cost of the razor. It may be silly, but it's (somewhat) interesting.