Thursday, July 26, 2018

Round Up #13

Anti-Web Addiction

I have added the Focus chrome extension, and I couldn't be happier with it.  You select websites that are time-wasters, and it will block those sites for you for a set amount of time.  The default amount of time is 25 minutes, but I set the time for 8 hours.  The sites I have set to block during that time is Twitter, You-tube and Espn.  This way I check them once, maybe twice a day.


Aphorisms/Shorts

To be on record saying there is nothing of worthwhile in world literature is to admit to being too ignorant or too stupid to pattern-match whole classes of human knowledge.

Contempt brain is stupid brain.  It doesn't really matter how smart you would be otherwise.

Writing "I'm waiting" or "I'll wait" on an online conversation shows you are a stupid, narcissistic baby that doesn't know how communication, relationships, or even the internet works.

I'd think about defending the American Way of Life after World War II, but there isn't one.

Trump is just what would have happened if Jay Gatsby had started out with money.

We can be very precise only about things that have almost no meaning.

"Of course there is still hope. . . because I'm special.  I'll figure out a way for the powerful to listen to me.  . . . They'll be ashamed of themselves, just like my other servants who clean up my messes."